Chess is a very popular classical game around the globe, it is one of the oldest games known to the mankind. It is played across the world by millions of people. This game can be played by 2 players. Chess is an abstract strategy-based game, played on a square board of 64 black and white squares, where the object of the games is to check the piece named “king” of the opponent, with other 16 pieces identical but different coloured pieces of the player. SKILL GAMES Royal Chess provides on of the best experience of chess to play online and compete with your friends, family or players around the world. Play now
- The King moves exactly one square horizontally, vertically, or diagonally. A special move with the king known as castling is allowed only once per player, per game.
- The Queen moves any number of vacant squares horizontally, vertically, or diagonally.
- A Rook moves any number of vacant squares horizontally or vertically. It also is moved when castling.
- A Knight moves two squares horizontally then one square vertically, or moving one square horizontally then two squares vertically. The knight is not blocked by other pieces: it jumps to the new location.
- A Bishop moves any number of vacant squares diagonally.
- Pawns move in different ways – A pawn moves straight forward one square, if that square is vacant. If it has not yet moved, a pawn also has the option of moving two squares straight forward, provided both squares are vacant. Pawns cannot move backwards. A pawn, unlike other pieces, captures differently from how it moves. A pawn can capture an enemy piece on either of the two squares diagonally in front of the pawn (but cannot move to those squares if they are vacant).
- *More Info can be found in the mobile application.